The Faculty of Graduate Studies, Mahidol University Grants for Research/Academic Presentations Abroad for Faculty Members of Graduate Programs Fiscal Year 2018 (B.E. 2561)
|Description||Word file||Pdf file|
Application form GR.OR.1
Application form GR.OR.2
|Thai English||Thai English||
Grants are restricted to faculties/institutes/colleges in the following list
The Faculty of Graduate Studies aims at providing grants for the faculty members who are actively involved in the graduate programs and wish to participate in research/academic presentationsabroad. Of the fiscal year 2018 (B.E.2561) , the criteria and procedures for application are as follows:
1. Applicant's Eligibility
1.1 The applicant must be a lecturer of a graduate program for at least one semester or academic staff who acts as the researcher in a graduate program and has been a guest lecturer of a graduate program for at least one semester.
1.2 The applicant has not been awarded a grant for research/academic presentations abroad from the Faculty of Graduate Studies for two consecutive years prior to the planned presentation date.
- 1.3 The applicant's name must appear as the first author or corresponding author in the abstract of the proposed research project and the name of Mahidol University must be among the list of presenters. Whether oral or poster presentation, Mahidol University logo must appear in the presentation material. The applicant who applies for the grant must be a presenter. Take note that one research project will be accepted per applicant per year.
- 1.4 If the applicant can leverage the grant with other sources, the names of other funding sources should be notified for a favorable review.
- 1.5 If found that the applicant fails to meet a specific qualification, the Faculty of Graduate Studies has the right to revoke the grant.
2. Types of Grant Allocations
In order to apply for a grant, the applicant should ensure that research/academic presentation will be held in an internationally recognized and accepted academic seminar/conference that includes systematic peer review system, orderly registration process, and reliable schedule. The applicant should meet one of the following requirements;
- 2.1 Invited to be a speaker in an international conference
- 2.2 Presenter in an oral presentation or a lecture
- 2.3 Presenter in a poster presentation
- 2.4 Other form(s) of presentation shall be under the consideration of the Grant Review Committee for Research/Academic Presentation Abroad for Faculty Members of Graduate Programs, Fiscal Year 2018.
3. Grant allocations should be based on continents and countries
Faculty of Graduate Studies allocates the grants in the form of 'partial funding' of the actual expenses not exceeding a certain amount as specified in the following tables.
Country / Continent
Speaker /Oral Presentation
|Baht 12,000||Baht 9,000||Baht 6,000|
|India||Baht 16,000||Baht 12,000||Baht 8,000|
|South Korea and China||Baht 20,000||Baht 15,000||Baht 10,000|
|Japan||Baht 24,000||Baht 18,000||Baht 12,000|
|Australia||Baht 28,000||Baht 21,000||Baht 14,000|
|Europe||Baht 36,000||Baht 27,000||Baht 18,000|
|America / Africa||Baht 40,000||Baht 30,000||Baht 20,000|
4. Application Submission Periods
|Round||Presentation Period||Deadline to apply||Announcement Results|
|1||1 – 31 October 2017||9 September 2017||30 September 2017|
|2||1 – 30 November 2017||3 October 2017||31 October 2017|
|3||1 – 31 December 2017||1 November 2017||30 November 2017|
|4||1 – 31 January 2018||1 December 2017||30 December 2017|
|5||1 – 28 February 2018||4 January 2018||31 January 2018|
|6||1 – 31 March 2018||1 February 2018||28 February 2018|
|7||1 – 30 April 2018||1 March 2018||31 March 2018|
|8||1 – 31 May 2018||3 April 2018||28 April 2018|
|9||1 – 30 June 2018||1 May 2018||31 May 2018|
|10||1 – 31 July 2018||1 June 2018||30 June 2018|
|11||1 – 31 August 2018||3 July 2018||31 July 2018|
|12||1 - 30 September 2018||1 August 2018||31 August 2018|
Further details about the grant, required documents, the deadline, and the application form can be found at www.grad.mahidol.ac.th. Applications should be submitted to Organization Research and Educational Innovation Section, Faculty of Graduate Studies (Salaya Campus) and/or to any branch of the Office of the Faculty of Graduate Studies on the specified deadline. Late submission will not be accepted or reviewed.
5. Application Requirements
- 5.1 An official letter of acceptance to the seminar/conference as a presenter of the proposed research project. (The grant approval shall be effective when the applicant submits the official acceptance letter to the Review Committee.)
- 5.2 A letter of invitation as a speaker (In the case that applicant is invited as a speaker)
- 5.3 A copy of applicant's abstract (Applicant's name must rank First Author or Corresponding Author)
- 5.4 A schedule and details of the seminar/conference
- 5.5 A document of estimated expenses, including airfare (specifying airline and route), registration fee, and accommodation)
- 5.6 A detailed budget with a list of other funding sources (if applicable)
- 5.7 Registration documents (if applicable)
- 5.8 Other related documents (if applicable).
6. Application Procedure
- 6.1 The applicant must comply all the qualifications as stated in Article 1. All applications that do not meet all the requirements shall be reviewed by Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies whose decision will be considered final.
- 6.2 The applicant must submit the application form (GR.OREI.1) to the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies via the Chair of the Program Administrative Committee and the Dean of the faculty/institute/college, along with the required documents as stated in Article 5.
- 6.3 The applicant who receives fund(s) from other source(s) is required to identify the source(s) in the application form (GR.OREI.1). If not, the Faculty of Graduate Studies will cancel the application or the grant when such facts are later revealed.
7. Grant Review Committee
- 7.1 Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies Chair
- 7.2 Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies Committee member
- 7.3 Assistant Dean Committee member
- 7.4 Deputy Dean of Organization Research and Educational Development Section Committee member and Secretary
8. Grant Selection Criteria
- 8.1 The applicant is officially invited to an international seminar/conference as a speaker.
- 8.2 The applicant holds an official letter of acceptance as a presenter in an academic conference at the time of application and review process.
- 8.3 Since there are many deserving applicants annually, the Grant Review Committee will provide funding to any qualified faculty member. Therefore, in some cases, the actual amounts granted may be less than the full amount requested.
- 8.4 The applicant must submit the application requirement on the specified deadline set by the Faculty of Graduate Studies. The application requirements must be submitted to a designated officer in the Registrar's Office at the Faculty of Graduate Studies or at any branch of the Office of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- 8.5 Other criteria that may favor the review must be identified, for example, partial fund received from the seminar/conference organizer, article to be published in the same year the application was made, article to be reprinted, or acceptance letter verifying that the article has been accepted for publication.
9. Grant Award Procedure
- 9.1 In order to access grant funding in compliance with the Faculty of Graduate Studies' policy and procedures, the grant recipient is required to contact the officers at the Organization Research and Educational Innovation Section not later than 15 days after the grant recipient has been notified of the final decision. If not, the grant will be cancelled.
- 9.2 In the case that grant recipient changes the travel plan, Faculty of Graduate Studies must be notified as soon as possible.
- 9.3 The grant recipient is required to submit boarding pass stubs, receipt of seminar/conference registration fee or proceedings, and the summarized report of the presentation using GR.OREI.2 form to the Faculty of Graduate Studies within 15 days upon his/her return to Thailand.
10. Additional Information
For any additional information,
please contact: Organization Research and Educational Innovation Section,
Faculty of Graduate Studies, Mahidol University at 02-441-4125 ext. 320.