Scholarships to support the Faculty members of Graduate Programs for International Presentation
The Faculty of Graduate Studies aims to provide scholarship for lecturers in presenting their own academic research in international conferences of the fiscal year 2016. The criteria and procedures of approving the mentioned scholarship for presentations of fiscal year 2016 are as follows:
Applicant must be a lecturer of a graduate program for at least 1 semester in a faculty/institute/college of Mahidol University (as appeared in the attached document) or an academic staff who acts as the researcher in a faculty/institute/college of Mahidol University and has been a guest lecturer of a graduate program for at least 1 semester.
Applicant has not been awarded a grant for research/academic presentations abroad from the Faculty of Graduate Studies for two consecutive years prior to the planned presentation date.
- Applicant's name must appear as the first author or corresponding author in the abstract of the proposed research project and the name of Mahidol University must be among the list of presenters' names. Whether oral or poster presentation, Mahidol University logo must appear in the presentation material. Applicant who applies for the grant must be a presenter. Take note that one research project will be accepted per applicant per year.
- If applicant can leverage funding from the Grant with other sources, the names of other funding sources should be notified for favorable review.
- If found that applicant fails to meet a specific qualification, the Faculty of Graduate Studies has the right to revoke the grant.
2. Types of Grant Allocations
In order to apply for a grant, applicant should be ensured that research/academic presentation will be held in an internationally recognized and accepted academic seminar/conference that includes systematic peer review system, orderly registration process, and reliable schedule. The applicant should meet one of the following requirements;2.1 Presenter in an oral presentation or a lecture
2.2 Presenter in a poster presentation
2.3 Speaker in a symposium or a plenary session
2.4 Other form(s) of presentation shall be under the consideration of the Grant Review Committee for Research/Academic Presentation Abroad for Faculty Members of Graduate Programs, Fiscal Year 2016.
3. Grant allocations should be based on continents and countries
The maximum values of the scholarship are classified according to the locations where the conferences are held.
|Country / Continent||
Speaker /Oral Presentation
|Up to 12,000 THB||Up to 9,000 THB||Up to 6,000 THB|
|India||Up to 16,000 THB||Up to 12,000 THB||Up to 8,000 THB|
|South Korea and China||Up to 20,000 THB||Up to 15,000 THB||Up to 10,000 THB|
|Japan||Up to 24,000 THB||Up to 18,000 THB||Up to 12,000 THB|
|Australia||Up to 28,000 THB||Up to 21,000 THB||Up to 14,000 THB|
|Europe||Up to 36,000 THB||Up to 27,000 THB||Up to 18,000 THB|
|America / Africa||Up to 40,000 THB||Up to 30,000 THB||Up to 20,000 THB|
4. Application Submission Periods
|Round||Presentation Period||Deadline to apply||Announcement Results|
|1||1 – 31 October 2016||9 September 2016||30 September 2016|
|2||1 – 30 November 2016||3 October 2016||31 October 2016|
|3||1 – 31 December 2016||1 November 2016||30 November 2016|
|4||1 – 31 January 2017||1 December 2016||30 December 2016|
|5||1 – 28 February 2017||4 January 2017||31 January 2017|
|6||1 – 31 March 2017||1 February 2017||28 February 2017|
|7||1 – 30 April 2017||1 March 2017||31 March 2017|
|8||1 – 31 May 2017||3 April 2017||28 April 2017|
|9||1 – 30 June 2017||1 May 2017||31 May 2017|
|10||1 – 31 July 2017||1 June 2017||30 June 2017|
|11||1 – 31 August 2017||3 July 2017||31 July 2017|
|12||1 - 30 September 2017||1 August 2017||31 August 2017|
The form of Grant Application can be downloaded from www.grad.mahidol.ac.th and submitted to Planning and Development Section, Faculty of Graduate Studies (Salaya Campus) and/or to any branch of the Office of the Faculty of Graduate Studies on the specified deadline. Late submission will not be accepted or reviewed.
5. Application Requirements5.1 Official letter of acceptance to the seminar/conference as a presenter of the proposed research project. (The grant approval shall be effective when applicant submits the official acceptance letter to the Review Committee.)
5.2 Letter of invitation as a speaker (In the case that applicant is invited as a speaker)
5.3 A copy of applicant's abstract (Applicant's name must rank First Author.)
5.4 Schedule and details of the seminar/conference
5.5 Document of estimated expenses, including airfare (specifying airline and route), registration fee, and accommodation)
5.6 A detailed budget with a list of other funding sources (if applicable)
5.7 Registration documents (if applicable)
5.8 Other related documents (if applicable).
6. Application Procedure6.1 Applicant must fulfill all the qualifications as stated in Article 1. Unfulfilled qualifications shall be reviewed by Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies whose decision will be considered final.
6.2 Applicant must submit the application form (GR.PD.1) to the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies via the Chair of the Program Administrative Committee and the Dean of the faculty/institute/college, along with the required documents as stated in Article 5.
6.3 Applicant who receives fund(s) from other source(s) is required to identify the source(s) in the application form (GR.PD.1). If not, Faculty of Graduate Studies will cancel the application or the grant when such facts are later revealed.
7. Grant Review Committee
7.1 Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies Chair
7.2 Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies Committee
7.3 The Assistant Dean Committee
7.4 Head of the Planning and Development Section Secretary
8. Grant Selection Criteria8.1 Applicant is officially invited to an international seminar/conference as a speaker.
8.2 Applicant holds an offered letter of acceptance as a presenter in an academic conference at the time of application and review process.
8.3 Since there are many deserving applicants annually, the Grant Review Committee will provide numerous qualified funding to faculty members. Therefore, in some cases, the actual amounts granted may be less than the full amount requested.
8.4 Applicant must submit the application requirement on the specified deadline set by the Faculty of Graduate Studies. The application requirements must be submitted to a designated officer in the Registrar's Office at the Faculty of Graduate Studies or at any branch of the Office of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
8.5 Other criteria that may favor the review must be identified, for example, partial fund received from the seminar/conference organizer, article to be published in the same year where application is made, article to be reprinted, or acceptance letter verifying that the article is accepted for publication.
9. Grant Award Procedure9.1 In order to access grant funding in compliance with the Faculty of Graduate Studies' policy and procedures, grant recipient is required to contact a designated officer at any branch of the Office of the Faculty of Graduate Studies not later than 15 days after the grant recipient has been notified of the final decision. If not, grant will be cancelled.
9.2 In the case that grant recipient changes the travel plan, Faculty of Graduate Studies must be notified as soon as possible.
9.3 Grant recipient is required to submit boarding pass stubs, receipt of seminar/conference registration fee or proceedings, and the summarized report of the presentation using GR.PD.2 form to the Faculty of Graduate Studies within 15 days upon the return to Thailand.
10. Additional Information
Location: The Planning and Development Section, the Faculty of Graduate Studies, Mahidol University
Tel 02-441-9446, Intra-phone i+22-217, 218, Fax 02-441-9446.